Makes 12 Rolls
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 ½ cup of water
- 2 sticks of Earth Balance vegan buttery sticks, melted (1/2 lb) + 1 stick for brushing (melted)
- 8 egg yolks
- ½ tbsp active dry yeast
- ¾ cups sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 ½ cups of all purpose flour + more for flouring work surface
- Powdered sugar
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar and 2 melted vegan buttery sticks.
- In another bowl, combine the soy milk and water. Add the active dry yeast and let it sit for approximately 5 minutes.
- Combine both mixtures & add salt.
- Start adding the flour, 1 cup at a time while mixing.
- Cover with cloth and let it rise for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours. I prefer to refrigerate overnight.
- Flour a clean surface.
- Turn out the dough and knead into a rectangle shape.
- Cut the dough into 12 strips.
- Roll the strips.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Place rolls in pan.
- Cover and let it rise for 45 mins.
- Brush rolls with melted butter.
- Bake for 20-25 mins. or until lightly browned.
- Allow buns to cool & dust with powdered sugar.
Enjoy your delicious Ensaimadas!