Makes 1 Ripe Plantain Casserole [size 8x6x2]
- 1 lb. ground Beef
- adobo- I use Goya
- sazón / seasoning- I use Sazón Goya
- olive oil
- 4 oz. tomato sauce
- 4 ripe plantains
- 4 eggs
- In a pan, sauté about 1oz. of olive oil, sofrito, sazón and tomato sauce. In a bowl, season the ground beef with adobo. Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until beef is brown.
- Peel, cut and fry the ripe plantains until golden. I like to use olive oil to fry.
- Generously grease the baking dish.
- Beat 2 eggs and spread on the baking dish.
- Cover the bottom of the baking dish with a layer of plantains.
- Add the ground beef and spread evenly.
- Cover the ground beef with another layer of plantains.
- Beat 2 eggs and cover the last layer of plantains with it.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cover the pastelón with aluminum foil and put in the oven for 20mins.
* You can add vegetables to the beef [such as green olives and green beans]. Also, if you don’t have a dairy allergy, you can top with cheese or substitute with a dairy-free alternative, such as Daiya Cheese.*